When we hit the stride of our mid-30’s, we start to make changes. We tend to put more greens in our diet, skip that next episode on Netflix to go to bed earlier, and we also up how much exercise we get. So, it is no surprise that as we age, our skin changes and ages with us and we need to make changes there as well. What once was acceptable – like simply using a makeup wipe before going to bed, just doesn’t cut it any more. Suddenly, we are waking up with dry, textured, and rough or oily and acne covered skin. Some of us are even waking up with more hair than we used to! So what do we do when our once simple routine suddenly isn’t working for us?
To really care for our skin, we need to take a look at whats wrong and whats lacking. Are we going through a second round of our teenage years with extra acne or is our skin begging us for moisture. You can usually tell the state of your skin by feeling it mid day. Run your fingers along your T-zone (forehead, nose, and chin) and also along your cheeks. Do you feel any dry patches? Does it feel sticky or oily? Does it look dull or shiny in the mirror? Are your cheeks red and flushed? You may find that you have multiple issues with your skin or just one. So which products do you use?
My skin is combination. Its been combination all my life and that hasn’t changed. What has changed is how much of a combination it is! What used to be a quick fix with some rice paper to absorb excess oil now needs some serious setting power- which ultimately settles into those fine lines that have shown up. My dry areas now get irritated and look red and inflamed and my acne has flared up since I’ve been breast feeding.
So I wanted to share with you some of my favorite products for combination skin and my routine for dealing with some of the worst skin issues. Many of these products can be used on all skin types.
Dealing with combination, aging, and dry skin:
- Bioderma Micellaire Solution – This is perfect for removing makeup, daily grime, and pollution. It is hydrating, its formulated for sensitive skin, and when used with a soft cotton pad won’t pull on the skin – which is very important for preventing fine lines and wrinkles.
- Fresh Beauty Rose Deep Hydration Oil-Infused Serum – This serum is essential if you are looking for 24hr moisture. It offers deep hydration that plumps skin up and reduces the look of fine lines and wrinkles. It can be applied nightly by patting on the skin and leaves no greasy residue. The skin absorbs this easily and makes it a great balancing serum for those who have oily skin.
- Fresh Rose Deep Hydration Face Cream – This is meant to work in tandem with the Fresh Beaty Rose Deep Hydration Oil-Infused Serum. It is formulated with hyaluronic acid, and seals in moisture. This works as a barrier to prevent any water from escaping the skin. It is also easily absorbed and can be applied nightly as a hydrating face mask.
- Fresh Girl Knew York Sugar Caramel Hydrating Lip Balm – This is a go to even when I’m not doing a skincare routine. Smells amazing like sweet caramel and leaves my lips super plump and soft.
- Purlisse Blue Lotus 4-in-1 Cleansing Milk – Save 10% with coupon code STARDUST – As mentioned, a makeup wipe isn’t going to cut it any more as we move into our 30’s! We need to be cleaning our face and doing so, gently. The Purlisse Blue Lotus Cleansing Milk does more than just clean. It soothes, tones, cleanses, and can remove makeup as well. Sulfate free and does not remove the natural oils from the skin.
You can check out my video above from my youtube Nix92585 where I share my routine in action! If you aren’t already, please be sure to subscribe! You can also find more beauty and lifestyle content on my Instagram @Recycledstardust and fashion content at @Fabulouslystardust!