When I was younger, I had this perfect type of skin. I didn’t need foundation, primer, skincare, nothing. I would wake up in the morning, put on some shadow and mascara and that was it. Now, its a 12 step skincare routine before I even get to bed- thats if I want to even have dreams of flawless skin. We don’t always know or value the importance of a multi-tasking product until we are older, but when we discover a time saving routine it makes all the difference.
I remember the first time I saw Pixi by Petra products. The soft and pale green packaging stood out among a sea of matte black. I was in my mid 20’s and just had started really discovering new beauty products. I was a new mom, I was on a budget, and I wanted to look like all the emerging flawless YouTubers. I signed up for boxes like Birchbox and My Glam Bag (Now known as Ipsy). One month, I received a Pixi product in one of my boxes and there was just something special about it. The formula, the attention to detail, the application, it was a feeling and not just a look.
A few years later, when I myself was an established on YouTube and Instagram I was invited to a Pixi event. I remember being “introduced” to the products – yet secretly I had a great collection already at home. It was like meeting my celebrity crush in person and trying not to fan girl. As I’ve gotten older my adoration for the band has only grown. They not only save me time and money, but allow me to look my best even when I’m not showing off for the gram. Petra truly understands what busy women need.
Now as Pixi by Petra celebrates 20 years, I more than ever love the offerings of beauty and skincare that are available for an affordable price. Petra, the creator, made it her mission to bring out the natural beauty in everyone. As a busy working mother of 4, she had real world experience and aimed to give women multi-tasking, flaw fixing, and youth enhancing products. She absolutely nailed it and I can’t wait to see what she comes up with in the next 20 years!
To celebrate, I have creaed this quick, autumn themed tutorial featuring some of my favorite beauty and skincare products from Pixi. If you’d like to check out any of these products they are available in Target and drugstores. I will have a full list of links to my favorite products below.
- Pixi Reflex Light in Vanilla Glitz, Copper Penny, and Cocoa Glaze
- Pixi Skintreats Glow Mist
- Pixi Skin Treats Glow Tonic
- Pixi Skintreats Rose Ceramide Cream
- Pixi Liquid Lipstick in Berry Beauty
- Pixi Lip Lift Max in Petal Ice
- Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen
- Innisfree Intensive Hydrating Serum
- Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer in Sunkissed Bronzer
- Becca Light Gleam Liquid Eyeshadow in Golden Hour
- Moira Mega Concealer 1.75
- It Cosmetics Bye Bye Foundation in Medium
- It Cosmetics Brow Powerful in Universal Taupe
- Smith and Cult Black Drop Charcoal Brightening Primer
- COVERGIRL TruBlend Super Stunner Hyper Glow in Gilded Glory
- Juno co Microfiber Pink Sponge – Save 10% with promo code NIKIXO
If you’d like to see more fashion please follow me @Fabulouslystardust and if you’d like to stay up to date on beauty trends at @Recycledstardust. Also be sure to subscribe to my Youtube for all the latest reviews!